If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to celebrate your child’s birthday, why not throw a galaxy-themed party? Galaxy cupcakes are the perfect way to top off the festivities.
What could be more fun than a galaxy themed kids party? These out-of-this-world cupcake ideas, try making these fabulous cupcakes with blue, pink and purple cake mix and topping them with galaxy themed sprinkles, edible stars balls.
If you are going all out with the Galaxy theme then for decorations, consider hanging up paper lanterns or hanging streamers in different shades of blue and purple, stars and planets. You can also make your own galaxy-themed invitations by using star confetti or by printing out star patterns on card stock.
If you are looking for fun games then try something like a treasure hunt where kids have to follow clues to find hidden “galactic treasures” or “Hot Potato with a Planet.” With a little creativity, you can easily turn any party into a galactic event!
Ingredients Needed To Make the Galaxy Cupcakes
- 1 15.25-ounce lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1-3.-ounce box of lemon pudding
- Purple, pink, blue and black food coloring gel
- Cupcake liners
- 1 large mixing bowl and 4 small bowls.
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- *3 tablespoons Hostess Twinkies Coffee Creamer
- 1 large piping bag, 1 large star frosting tip
- Galaxy Sprinkles
How to make the Galaxy Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs, and pudding mix. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds. scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, until well combined.
Separate the batter evenly between the 4-mixing bowls. Add the pink food coloring to one, the blue to the another, the purple to the 3rd and the black to the 4th
Pour batter into cupcake liners, alternate adding the colored batter into the muffin tin filling each about half full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, while alternating 1 tablespoon of the coffee creamer. Continue to mix until creamy and stiff peaks form.
Add the frosting to the prepared piping bag.
Frost your cupcakes and garnish with the galaxy sprinkles if desired and enjoy!
Makes 24 cupcakes
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you don’t have any food coloring gel, you can use regular food coloring, but the colors won’t be as vibrant.
- The recipe makes enough frosting to generously frost 24 cupcakes. If you want a lighter frosting, you can halve the recipe.
- These cupcakes are best eaten the same day they are made. However, they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If you want to make these cupcakes ahead of time, you can bake the cupcakes and freeze them. Then, make the frosting and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to decorate. (do not freeze them once your had frosted them)
With these straightforward instructions and tips, you should be able to easily make these delicious galaxy cupcakes! So go ahead and give them a try for your next birthday party or special event. Your guests will be sure to love them!
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- These cupcakes would be just perfect for a Tik Tok Party, a Mermaid themed party and also a Unicorn themed party. Use your imagination and get creative.
- Use different flavored cake mixes. Chocolate, vanilla or even funfetti would all be delicious!
- If you want a more intense flavor, you can use flavored pudding mix instead of the plain pudding mix.
- Try using different colors of food coloring gel to create different effects. You could even use glitter gel to add some sparkle!
- Instead of Twinkies coffee creamer, you could use any other flavor you like. Chocolate, strawberry or even caramel would all be delicious!
- To add more decoration, you could top the cupcakes with sprinkles, stars or even edible glitter.
With these variations, the possibilities are endless!
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
These cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made. However, if you need to store them, they can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Yes, you can bake the cupcakes ahead of time and freeze them. Then, make the frosting and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to decorate.
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix you like. Chocolate, vanilla or even funfetti would all be delicious!
Yes, you can use any flavor of pudding mix you like. Chocolate, vanilla or even caramel would all be delicious!
The best way to decorate these cupcakes is with sprinkles, stars or even edible glitter.
Who doesn’t love a good party? And what could be more fun than a galaxy themed party? With a little imagination, you can throw a galaxy-themed party that your kids will never forget!
If you’re looking for a fun and festive cupcake recipe, look no further than these galaxy cupcakes! With their bright colors and delicious flavor, they are sure to be a hit at any gathering. Plus, the recipe is simple and straightforward, so even beginners can make them with ease. So why not give them a try? Your guests will be sure to love them!