It’s that time of year again where the weather is cooling down, leaves are changing colors, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner! One of my favorite things to make during the fall season are Turkey Marshmallow Pops. Not only are they festive and fun, but they’re also super easy to make!
Thanksgiving Marshmallow pops – Thanksgiving Chocolate Covered Marshmallows Recipe, are perfect for any holiday party! These turkey thanksgiving marshmallow pops are so easy to make you could have them done in no time! Get the kids involved too, they will love decorating their own little turkeys. I’ll be sharing with you how to make these adorable little turkeys.
Let’s get started! My family love making these Thanksgiving dessert pops, especially the kids. They love getting creative with the decorating, and it’s a great way to spend some quality time together in the kitchen.
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Ingredients Needed To Make the Turkey Marshmallow Pops
- Large or medium marshmallows
- Candy corn
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon Coconut oil
- Paper straws or lollipop sticks
- Decorator sugar eyes – optional
How to make the Turkey Marshmallow Pops
Arrange 4 candy corn in a fan shape with the points down on a wax paper lined tray (see image for reference)
Cut the straws in half or if you prefer use lollipop sticks. Insert the straws or sticks into the marshmallows, about ¾ of the way in.
Place the tray of marshmallows into the freezer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl or using a double boiler on the stove. Stir until smooth and the correct consistency
Remove the marshmallows from the freezer and dip each one into the melted chocolate. Be sure to cover the entire marshmallow. Gently tap off any excess chocolate.
Place on top of the candy corn. (see image for reference)
Add a candy corn upside down on front of the face for the beak, if using sugar eyes apply them now, they should stick to the melted chocolate or you could use buttercream icing white and black.
Place in fridge to cool and set.
These Thanksgiving Turkey Marshmallow Pops are perfect for any Thanksgiving get together!
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you want to avoid using a microwave, you can melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat. Just be sure to stir often so that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- You can also use any type of chocolate that you like for this recipe. I usually use milk chocolate, but dark chocolate would work just as well.
- If you’re having trouble getting the candy corn to stick, you can always use a bit of melted chocolate as “glue”. Just put a small amount on the back of the candy corn and press it into place.
- These pops can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- Try using white chocolate instead of milk chocolate, you can use food coloring to make the turkey color or try an orange food coloring and decorate with choc chips
- Add some festive sprinkles to the pops after dipping them in chocolate. I would use fall mix sprinkles
- Use different colored candy corn to make fun and festive pops.
- If you want a bit more of a challenge, you can try making different shaped marshmallow pops. I’ve made everything from ghosts to pumpkins!
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
You can make these pops a few days in advance, just store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
The best way to keep marshmallow pops fresh is to store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yes, you can freeze marshmallow pops. Just be sure to wrap them well in cling film or place them in a freezer safe bag. They will keep for up to 3 months.
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you like. Dark chocolate, white chocolate, even peanut butter chocolate would work well with this recipe.
Yes, almond bark can be used in place of chocolate chips. Just be sure to chop it into smaller pieces so that it melts evenly. The benefit of using almond bark is that it doesn’t need to be tempered, so it’s a bit easier to work with.
No, you don’t have to use candy corn. You can use any type of candy that you like. Just keep in mind that the size and shape of the candy will affect the final product.
Yes, these Turkey Marshmallow Pops can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
These Turkey Marshmallow Pops are perfect for any Thanksgiving feast or party! They’re easy to make, and can be made ahead of time. The recipe is versatile, so you can try different variations.
Thanksgiving is a time for family, friends, and food. What could be better than making fun Thanksgiving treats with your kids? These Turkey Marshmallow Pops are sure to please everyone at the table.