Candy charcuterie boards are a fun and creative way to please your sweet tooth! Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for the perfect dessert tray or just wanting something special for yourself, candy charcuterie boards offer endless possibilities. Not only do they look beautiful but they also take little effort to assemble. With just some basic ingredients like candy, nuts and chocolate you can create an impressive board that will satisfy any craving. These candy boards are perfect for parties like birthdays, bridal showers, baby showers or any other special occasion.
Here is how you can make your own delicious candy charcuterie board in no time!
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Ingredients Needed To Make the Candy Charcuterie Board
Here is the list for our candy charcuterie board we made but with any charcuteries the options are endless, you can add whatever you want.
- M&M’s chocolate candies
- Goldfish baked cheddar crackers
- Honey roasted nut mix
- Honey sesame sticks
- Sno-Caps candy
- Dots candy
- Twizzlers candy
- Assorted chocolate candy (snickers, twix, milky way, etc…)
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Microwave popcorn
- Large board or platter
How to Make the Party Candy Board
Start by placing your ingredients that spread easily into small bowls. Ingredients like M&M’s, Sno-Caps, are small, and move around easily, so they are better served in small bowls. I also like to use bowls in varying heights for more appeal. Place your bowls around your serving board. You can play around until you have them just where you want them.
Begin to fill in around the bowls with your assorted chocolate candy, and then finish with the chocolate pretzels, and popcorn. Try to vary the colors equally around the board. Making it more appealing to your guest try to use nice colors and snacks that look appealing.
There is no particular science to creating the perfect board. Just have fun, and make sure you cover all the empty spaces with snacks.
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- Make sure to have a variety of snacks. Have a good mix between salty and sweet, crunchy and soft, etc…
- You can also use fruits or other items like gummy worms or licorice to add more contrast and texture.
- Try to arrange the snacks in an aesthetically pleasing way, this will make the presentation much more appealing.
- Feel free to use rainbow or themed colored snacks, this will make the board even more eye catching.
- Be sure to keep all of your ingredients in their original packaging until you’re ready to assemble the board. This will help keep everything fresh!
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- Instead of using a large board or platter you can also use individual mini boards for each person.
- You can experiment with different types of candy and snacks, get creative and get inspired!
- For extra flavor try drizzling some melted chocolate on the board after it’s assembled.
- If you’re feeling extra fancy you can add some edible flowers to the board.
- If you feel like adding something savory to the mix, try adding some cheese and crackers for a nice contrast.
- You can also customize your board for any holiday or special occasion! Just make sure to use festive colors and snacks.
- Fun little bowls, scoops and tongs add the perfect finishing touch to your candy charcuterie board! Enjoy!
Happy snacking! Now that you have all the information about how to make a delicious and impressive candy charcuterie board, it’s time to get preparing – or should we say snacking?
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
Typically, creating the candy charcuterie board should only take about 15-20 minutes.
Absolutely! You can add snacks and candies in special colors or shapes that coordinate with any special occasion.
Of course! This is an entirely edible treat (except the wooden board of course) so you can enjoy it as much as you like. Just be sure to share with your friends and family too.
Yes, but keep in mind that somethings like the popcorn and pretzels do not keep well over long periods of time, so it’s best to serve the board within a few hours.
Absolutely yes! Feel free to get creative and add any type of snack that goes well with the other ingredients. Just make sure they are all bite sized pieces. Enjoy!
Creating a candy charcuterie board is an easy, fun and delicious way to make any gathering or special occasion extra special. With some imagination and creativity, you can customize your board for any holiday or event! And with the help of our recipe notes and tips, plus variations to try – it’s now easier than ever to put together this amazing snack platter that will be sure to wow everyone at your next party. So go ahead – get creative and have fun making your own show-stopping candy charcuterie boards! Enjoy snacking!