Looking for a fun and creative way to celebrate a child’s birthday? Look no further than these out-of-this-world Alien Spaceship Cupcakes! These delicious treats are sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. Best of all, they are really easy to make – you don’t need any special skills or tools. So get ready to have some fun in the kitchen and create some amazing cupcakes!
Alien cupcakes are out of this world! Literally. These extraterrestrial treats are made with cake mix and frosting, plus food coloring to create an otherworldly effect. They’re sure to be a hit at your next party!
Alien with Spaceship cupcakes, these are the perfect sweet to deliver at an Space party or an Alien party.
These Alien cupcakes are so easy to make but my word they are going to be the talking point at any kids birthday party as they look absolutely amazing and yummy.
So setting the scene for a spaceship or space party would require lots of fun and exciting decorations like planets, stars, and aliens! You could even have a photo booth with props so that everyone can take fun pictures together. And of course, the star of the show will be these delicious Alien cupcakes!
You could use these as a theme to your toy story party as Toy Story Alien Cupcakes will sure delight woody fans. These cupcakes are super easy to make and will make your kid’s party table the talk of the town.
These simple but effective alien cupcakes are made by topping a basic cupcake with green buttercream icing, then adding two chocolate chips for eyes and a small candy mouth. You could also use fondant or sugarpaste to create different aliens – there are so many possibilities!
Whether you’re looking for an out-of-this-world treat for a birthday party, Halloween party, or just because, these Alien cupcakes are sure to please. So preheat your oven and get ready to take your baking to another planet!
Ingredients Needed To Make the Alien Cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix + additional ingredients per directions OR your favorite recipe
- Mini M&M’s, assorted colors, 8 per cupcake
- Small candy eyes
- Gray buttercream frosting in a piping bag and make a large cut in the tip
- Green buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a Wilton 18 star tip
How to Make the Alien and Spaceship Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 cupcake tins with liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Divide batter evenly among cupcake tins, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together frosting and black food coloring only add a small amount at a time until desired shade of gray is achieved. Add the frosting to a piping bag and add a large cut tip.
- In a small bowl, mix frosting and green food coloring until desired shade of green is achieved. Add the frosting to a piping bag with a Wilton 18 star tip.
- Use the gray frosting to pipe a smooth flat circle on top of each cupcake.
- Place M&M’s around the outer edge of the cupcake as the spaceship lights.
- Use the green frosting to pipe a small swirl in the middle of each cupcake to form the alien.
- Place the decorator eyes on the alien.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you want to make your own cake mix from scratch, that is fine use your favorite cupcake recipe.
- For the gray frosting, I like to use black gel food coloring because it doesn’t change the consistency of the frosting as much as liquid food coloring does.
- You can find decorator eyes in the baking aisle of most craft stores or online.
- If you don’t have a piping bag and tips, you can use a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off.
- To get a perfect swirl of green frosting on top of each cupcake, start in the center and spiral outwards.
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- Try using different colors of buttercream frosting and candy to create different aliens.
- For a fun Halloween twist, pipe the frosting on in the shape of a spider web.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
No, you don’t need to use cupcake liners but they definitely make things easier. If you don’t have any on hand or don’t want to use them, you can grease the cupcake tin with some butter or cooking spray.
Yes, you can definitely use a different flavor of cake mix. A white or vanilla cake mix would be good too.
These cupcakes are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They will last for 3-4 days.
You could also freeze these cupcakes for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer safe container.
When you are ready to enjoy them, just thaw them overnight on the counter and then frost them.
This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.
These delicious Alien cupcakes are the perfect treat for any birthday party or special event. They are easy to make and sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike. So get ready to have some fun in the kitchen and create some amazing cupcakes!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Alien Cupcakes.