Wreath cupcakes are the perfect way to celebrate the holidays! These festive treats are made with a delicious cupcakes, and they’re topped with a buttercream frosting made into a colorful wreath.
There’s no better way to show your holiday spirit than with a batch of these festive wreath cupcakes. They’re made with your favorite cupcakes decorated in green, white and red buttercream frosting, and they’re decorated with Christmas themed festive sprinkles. Best of all, they’re super easy to make. Simply bake your favorite chocolate cupcakes, follow our steps to decorate them. These cupcakes are sure to please everyone on your holiday list, and also be a hit at your Christmas party! So go ahead and bake up a batch today!
Ingredients Needed To Make the Wreath Cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix + additional ingredients per directions OR your favorite recipe
- White buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a medium cut tip
- Red buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a #10 tip
- Green buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a #18 star tip
- Christmas Themed sprinkles
How to make the Christmas Wreath cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 18 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
First you will use the white buttercream to pipe a smooth flat swirl on each cupcake
Next you will use the red buttercream to pipe 2-4 horizontal stripes on each cupcake (see images for guide)
Finally you will use the green buttercream to pipe the wreath shape along the entire outer surface of the cupcake, then pipe and additional row inside
Decorate the wreath with the themed sprinkles, you can decorate them with as many or as little sprinkles as you like. You can see our images for different ideas
Recipe notes and tips:
- While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you have time to make your own cupcakes do it, you probably have your favorite recipe. But if like me sometime like the quick solution then use a cake box mix. Just be sure to follow the package directions.
- You can use any type of frosting you like for these cupcakes. You can make your own or If you want to save time, you can even use store-bought frosting.
- You can decorate these cupcakes however you like. Feel free to get creative and use whatever sprinkles and toppings you have on hand.
- These cupcakes can be made a day in advance. Just store them in an airtight container at room temperature until you’re ready to serve.
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- Try using a different flavor of cake mix. Chocolate, vanilla, and even red velvet would be delicious.
- If you want to add more holiday cheer to your cupcakes, try experimenting with other Christmas themes.
- If you want to make these cupcakes even more festive, try adding some holiday cupcake liners.
Christmas Cupcake WrappersChristmas Cupcake Liners
- For a fun twist, try using different flavored frostings. Chocolate, vanilla, and even mint flavor would be delicious.
As you can see, there are many different ways that you can make these wreath cupcakes. So be sure to experiment and find the combination that you like best.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
No, you don’t have to use a box cake mix. You can use your favorite recipe or even a store-bought cake.
Yes, you can use store-bought frosting. If you do, I would recommend using a piping bag so that you can get a nice clean edge on your cupcakes.
Yes, these cupcakes can be made a day or two in advance. Just store them in an airtight container at room temperature until you’re ready to serve.
These cupcakes are the perfect dessert for your next Christmas party. They’re festive, fun, and everyone will love them. The recipe is simple to follow and you can customize them however you like. So be sure to experiment and find the combination that you like best. And if you’re looking for more holiday recipes, be sure to check out my blog for other festive ideas. I hope you enjoyed these Christmas wreath cupcakes. Happy baking!