(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
If you’re looking for a fun and festive way to celebrate Halloween this year, look no further than a Hocus Pocus themed party! This classic Halloween film is the perfect inspiration for a spooky soiree. Here’s everything you need to know to pull off the ultimate Hocus Pocus movie party. You could be hosting a Halloween party, birthday party or even a Hocus Pocus Baby Shower
Start by sending out invitations that look like they came straight from the Sanderson Sisters. You can either make your own or purchase pre-made ones online. Be sure to include all of the pertinent party information, like the date, time, and address.
As guests arrive, welcome them with a sign that at the front door. You can make your own sign using black construction paper and white letter stickers. Or, grab one of these from amazon, they will really set the scene for the party.
To set the mood, play some spooky music like the “Hocus Pocus Theme Song” or “I Put a Spell on You.” You can also play Halloween classics like “Monster Mash” and “Thriller.”
Hocus Pocus Themed Party Decorations
No Hocus Pocus party would be complete without some fun and festive decorations. Start by hanging up black and orange streamers and balloons. You can also add in some spooky elements like fake cobwebs, bats, and skeletons. For a really impressive display, create a life-size cutout of the Sanderson sisters. You can find plenty of Hocus Pocus inspired die-cut decorations, hanging lanterns, and table runners at your local party store.
For a DIY touch, consider making your own banners or garlands out of black and orange construction paper. Don’t forget the pumpkins! Carve three jack-o-lanterns to represent the Sanderson sisters and place them around the room.
Hocus Pocus Party Food
Of course, no Hocus Pocus party would be complete without some seriously spooky snacks! Serve up some “Witch’s Brew” (aka green Hawaiian Punch & candy eyeballs), “Eye of Newt” cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with green frosting), or these fun Hocus Pocus cupcakes and “Bat Wings” (sweet and spicy chicken wings). Wash it all down with some “Bewitched Brew” (a punch made with ginger ale, cranberry juice, and lemonade). Try to include some traditional Halloween fare like candy apples and pumpkin pie.
Hocus Pocus 2:
It’s been 29 years since the release of Hocus Pocus, but the Sanderson sisters are finally making their return to the big screen. Disney has announced that a sequel to the cult classic is currently being released in 2022. While few details have been revealed so far, it’s safe to say that fans of the first film will be eager to see what Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy have in store for their characters this time around. Given the popularity of the original, it’s likely that Hocus Pocus 2 will be one of the most highly-anticipated releases of the year. So dust off your broomsticks and get ready for another wild ride with the Sanderson sisters.
Witch Themed Party Food
For a fun and festive twist on traditional party food, try serving up some “witch themed” snacks. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Hocus Pocus Jello Shots: Combine lime gelatin, blackberry liqueur, and vodka to create these spooky shots.
- Boo Mix: This is perfect to snack on while watching the Hocus Pocus Movie
- Eye of Newt Cups: Start with a chocolate cupcake base and top with green frosting and gummy eyeballs.
- Witch’s Fingers: almond or peanut butter cookies shaped like fingers and topped with green candy “nails”.
- Bat Wings: sweet and spicy chicken wings served with a side of blue cheese dressing.
- Potion Punch: a punch made with ginger ale, cranberry juice, and lemonade.
- Cauldron Cake: a chocolate cake baked in a cauldron-shaped pan and decorated with green frosting
Hocus Pocus Themed Party Activities
No party is complete without some fun and festive activities! For a Hocus Pocus themed party, consider having a costume contest, playing some Halloween-themed games, or watching the movie. You can also set up a photo booth with props like witch hats, brooms, and cauldrons. For added fun, create a ” spell book” for guests to sign. This is a great way to capture everyone’s memories from the party!
- Hocus Pocus Movie Marathon: This is a great activity for any Hocus Pocus fan. Pop some popcorn and settle in for a marathon of the three Hocus Pocus movies.
- Halloween Trivia: Test your guests’ knowledge of all things Halloween with this fun trivia game.
- Pin the Nose on the Witch: A Halloween twist on the classic game of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
- Bobbing for Apples: A classic Halloween game that’s sure to be a hit with guests of all ages.
- Witch Hat Ring Toss: A fun and festive party game that’s perfect for all ages.
- Hocus Pocus Scavenger Hunt: Send your guests on a hunt for all things Hocus Pocus-related.
- Hocus Pocus Drinking Games Find some great ideas here
Hocus Pocus Themed Party Favors
Send your guests home with some fun and festive Hocus Pocus themed party favors. Consider giving out candy apples, green slime, or boxes of raisins (dried fruit is a traditional witch ingredient). Halloween-themed pencils and notebooks, or small bottles of “potion”. You can also send guests home with a copy of the Hocus Pocus movie or the soundtrack. For a really special touch, personalize each favor with the guest’s name. For a DIY favor, consider filling black and orange balloons with candy. Attach a tag with the party details and have guests pop the balloons to find their treat!
With just a little bit of planning, you can easily throw the ultimate Hocus Pocus themed Halloween party! With some spooky decorations, festive food, and great music, your guests are sure to have a spellbinding time. Just don’t forget to keep an eye on the kids – you never know what might happen when those troublemaking Sanderson sisters are involved…