Anything But a Cup Party Ideas
Hosting a party is always a lot of fun, but sometimes it’s nice to change things up and have something different. If you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional party, why not try having an ” Anything But a Cup Party?” This type of party is perfect for any occasion, and it’s a great way to get creative with your cup alternatives!
What is an Anything But a Cup Party?
Anything But Cup Parties are such a fun way to celebrate any occasion! All the guests bring anything but cups to drink out of. So that means no cups, mugs, glasses or even teacups! Instead, all the party attendees and hosts can get creative and put their own twist on their drinking vessel.
This is the perfect opportunity to surprise and delight each other by getting creative with your drinkware!
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Anything But a Cup Party Rules
Throwing the perfect party doesn’t have to be difficult! To ensure that your guests have an amazing time, it is important to come up with a few ground rules for the event. The ‘Anything But A Cup Party’ is great for parties focused around fun and creativity.
There is only one rule for this party. This rule simply means that all drinks must be consumed from something other than a cup; think mason jars, flower pots, pineapples, shells, you name it!
Setting this rule encourages your guests to express their personality through the way they drink and creates some hilarious visuals. So the next time you plan a get-together with friends and family, spice things up by implementing the Anything But A Cup rule, you’ll all be sure to enjoy yourselves!
Light Bulb Cup with StrawsWine Rack Booze Bra FlaskCamera Lens Coffee Mug
Fun Non-Cup Drink Ideas
So if you are hosting or attending an ‘Anything But a Cup Party’ and need some inspiration on what to drink out of then read on. We have put together a great list of drinking vessel ideas. Have a read and see which ones you think you could use.
- Toilet Bowl Mug: You know those plastic toilet bowl mugs that you can buy as a gag gift? Well, those would actually be perfect for this type of party. Just make sure you wash it out first!
- Baby Bottle: This one is perfect for any new moms or dads in attendance. Just make sure the baby bottle is clean before filling it up with booze.
- Pet Bowl: Have a dog or cat? Why not use their bowl as your cup! Just make sure to wash it out first, of course. Or pop out and buy a new one from the dollar store.
- Flower Pot: This one is perfect for all you green thumbs out there. Just make sure to use a clean flower pot and maybe even line it with some foil first.
- Rubber Glove: This is one of the funniest anything but a cup ideas on the list. Simply fill up a rubber glove with your drink of choice and be careful not to pop it! It is a bit weird but definitely a conversation starter
- Shoe: Yes, you read that correctly. A shoe. This is probably one of the grossest anything but a cup ideas, but it is definitely a conversation starter. Just make sure to wash the shoe out first and maybe even line it with some plastic wrap.
- Fish Bowl: This is a great idea for any fish lovers out there. Just make sure to not fill the bowl up with too much liquid or you might end up spilling it when you take a sip.
- Tea Pot: If you want to get fancy, why not use a teapot as your “cup”?
- Test Tube: This one is perfect for the science geeks out there. Just make sure you get a clean test tube and don’t forget to add some liquid!
- Watering Can: This is an adorable anything but a cup idea. All you have to do is fill the watering can up with your drink of choice and enjoy.
- Coconut: If you’re going for a tropical vibe, why not use a coconut as your cup? Just make sure to cut it in half and line the inside with plastic wrap.
- Popcorn Bucket: This is perfect for any movie buff out there. Just grab an old popcorn bucket and fill it with your drink of choice.
- Pringle Can: This is one of the most iconic anything but a cup ideas. All you have to do is clean out an empty Pringle can and it is ready to use.
- Shell: For a mermaid vibe try drinking your beverage out of a seashell. This one is sure to make you feel like you are on the beach!
- Shampoo Bottle: Finally, for a really quirky idea why not try using an old shampoo bottle as your cup? Just make sure to clean it out first. Try to use a bottle with a wide top to make it easier to refill your drink during the night.
- Plastic Bucket: If you are looking for something more traditional, why not use a plastic bucket as your cup? This one is perfect if you want to serve a large amount of drinks at once.
- Pots and Pans: If you are needing a quick last minute idea for this party, simply grab a pot or pan from the cupboard.
- Vase: For a more elegant cup solution, try using a vase as your cup.
- Spray Bottle: It might take you a while to finish your drink when using a spray bottle but it is one of the most fun things to drink out of!
- Soap Dispenser: This is another one that will take a while to drink from but you will have fun trying. You will need to keep pumping the handle all night but worth the laughs
- Traffic Cone: For the ultimate anything but a cup idea why not try using a traffic cone as your cup? This one is easy to drink out of and a unique choice.
- Water Pistol: This one is perfect for anyone looking to have a good time. Fill up your water pistol with your favorite beverage and you are ready to go! You can even team up with a friend and try to shoot drinks at each other’s mouths.
- Ketchup Bottle: If you are feeling extra creative, why not use a ketchup bottle as your cup?
- Frisbee: This is not the easiest thing to drink out of, and you will probably end up lapping up the drink instead of sipping it but still a fun idea.
- Piggy Bank: This is a great anything but a cup idea and it can be reused at the end of the night.
Japanese Cast Iron TeapotPlastic Popcorn BucketHanging Leg Flower Pots
More Fun Anything But A Cup Ideas
If you are still looking for that perfect anything but a cup idea, here are some more ideas for your.
- Toilet Plunger
- Toy Truck:
- Mini Cooler
- Milk Carton
- Cereal Bowl
- Pie Plate
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Tissue Box
- Party Hat
- Empty Bag of Chips
Throwing an Anything But a Cup party is a great way to get creative and have some fun! With a little planning, you can host your own event that will be sure to please everyone. Remember, when it comes to hosting an Anything But a Cup party, the sky’s the limit! Now go out there and throw the best bash ever!